Global waste disposal has become increasingly complex in the last few decades. Additionally, across most countries there has been an increasing emphasis on compliance as stricter and more specific standards and protocols for waste disposal are instituted. Waste management software has been created to help firms track all the elements involved in the business of waste disposal. Use of the software helps firms remain profitable and efficient.
Meaning of Waste Management Software
Waste management software helps businesses efficiently execute the processes involved in waste, from the collection to disposal, including much of the back-office work that allows the field work to happen. Such functions include the following:
- Compliance (OSHA and other), facility permit tracker (including expiration dates), RCRA hazardous waste reports
- Date Scheduler (collection, treatment, and transportation)
- Waste placement/storage, transportation, and overall logistics
- Workflows for processes like destruction and sorting
- Cost Control & Service Contracts (record-keeping, reporting, and pricing/invoicing)
Benefit of Using Waste Management Software
Most Environmental Service Companies exist to fill a need between waste generators and disposal facilities. These waste handlers typically have a goal of responsibly handling the waste that their customers generate, and making the process smooth, easy, and affordable for their customers. To help provide stellar customer service, waste handlers seek to streamline business processes and optimize data/data insights. This increases their efficiency, keeps costs manageable, and paves the way to very satisfied customers.
As software options have become more specialized and sophisticated, waste management software has become an essential tool driving that efficiency as well as customer satisfaction. The benefits that have been realized in the last few years by waste handlers who employ sophisticated waste management software systems generally fall into 3 categories:
- The simple act of moving key documents from paper storage to electronic storage eliminates most instances of lost or missing paperwork
- Digitization of nearly all key documents (and forms) helps minimize human error
- Higher Accuracy and timeliness avoid most EPA fines and infractions (and missed permit renewals)
- Modernizing workflow diagrams (visual layout of a process or project) from paper to the digital realm allows the project steps to be more accurately tracked
- The automation of many documents and steps within a project (manifests, profiles, etc.) saves time and minimizes errors
- Digital storage of all aspects of a project allows instant access from anywhere by anyone
- Electronic storage of all documentation allows pivoting and adjustment quickly when regulations change
- Sharing and Analyzing all technical data from all projects across the organization on a real-time basis allows learnings to be gained quickly and applied to future projects
- The gain in efficiency improves profit margins as tweaks are made and less-profitable projects can be pushed to lower priorities as work picks up
Role of CWE in waste management
As an Environmental Service Company, CWE fills the service gap that exists between the disposal facilities and the largest waste generators. Applying innovation, long-term expertise, and technological prowess, we endeavor to creatively provide our clients with the peace of mind of knowing that their waste materials are being managed with the utmost safety, compliance, and nurture for the environment. Integrity to our people-oriented and ecological principles is the primary reason for the execution of our company mission.