People who’ve never been behind the wheel of a big rig often think that truck driving is a tedious job. However, the fact is that a Tanker Truck driving job is challenging and rewarding because it requires a unique skill set. Tanker Truck Driver responsibilities at CWE will include different skills and experiences that other truck drivers on the road may not possess. Beyond the ability to drive and maneuver your rig, as well as exhibit responsibility, reliability, and being punctual, you will be need to be extremely safety-focused since you may be loading/unloading and transporting hazardous materials (like flammables or corrosives) from customers’ sites to our waste management plant. You will also interact with customers at the pick-up location and during the pick-up process, so you will need to be cordial, professional, and customer-service focused.
In general, the job responsibilities of a Tanker Truck Driver at CWE are:
- Loading and unloading of materials at customer sites and back at the CWE yard
- Transporting hazardous materials (flammable or corrosive) from customers to our plant
- Operating bulk liquid equipment, including our vacuum tankers
- Monitoring dials, gauges, and other indicators to ensure that equipment is working properly
- Maintaining transportation compliance documents
- Quality assurance and safety inspections
- Complying with all CWE Safety and Emergency Reporting Procedures
- Working outside in the elements, regardless of season/weather
- Customer relations and interaction
- Creating and contributing to the positive workplace environment for the team of drivers and all CWE other employees
Benefits of working as a Tanker Truck Driver at CWE
1. Competitive Pay, Overtime, and Bonuses
“Tanker truck drivers earn, on an average $20.32/hour across the United States.”
Handling waste management trailers can be lucrative because your skills are specialized, and your cargo carries some degree of risk. So, if you’re planning to pursue a tanker truck driver career, you must fully understand the industry you’re getting into. Because CWE operates in the environmental industry and drivers often work with hazardous materials, we require highly skilled and attentive drivers and subsequently we take good care of our employees and pay them well. Our drivers average 50 hours of work/week with anything over 40 paying overtime (OT). CWE offers monthly bonuses for reaching safety and profit-sharing goals. We also offer advancement courses and ample training.
The most popular employee benefits at CWE are:
• Paid Vacation
• Potential Bonuses of many different types
• Health and Dental Insurance
Also, as a proud Ohio company, we use Kenworth and International trucks in our fleet. If you’re a fan of these trucks/models, definitely get in touch to learn more about our open driver positions. They could be a perfect fit for you.
2. Our Drivers are Home every night
The biggest perk of working as a Tanker Truck Driver at CWE is frequent home time.
The Tanker Truck Drivers at CWE are responsible for covering local Dayton (or local Mansfield) routes and are home every night. Occasionally there will be wait time involved on your route but be patient because you’ll be compensated! You’ll make overtime pay (OT) if your day runs over. If a key priority is to be home at night with your family a Tanker Truck Driver job with CWE could be a welcome change from road driving.
3. Efficient Loading
We are not in the freight business. Our Tanker Trucks deal with liquid waste streams that are picked up at customer locations and transported back to our yard. Because of this, you will normally be the only truck on-site at a customer location and loading and unloading is typically efficient and fast. You’ll be working your trailer, handling the hoses and managing the dials and gauges to be sure the liquid load is safely picked up. You’ll interact with the customer during the process as well. You’ll then return to our yard for off-loading, following all transportation protocols and guidelines. If this sounds like an attractive change of pace from your current experience, get in touch to learn more!
Requirement to apply for a tanker truck driver job at CWE?
Transporting materials safely from one place to another is our company’s topmost priority, and since some of the materials we haul are HAZMAT, there is some risk involved. So, before you apply for a truck driving job at CWE, please be sure you can meet the following requirements:
- 5 years of satisfactory driving experience required, with the ability to pass a motor vehicle record check
- Over 2 years of experience in operating tractor/trailer over the road
- More than 2 years of experience in managing customer relationships
- Professional communications and organizational skills to work independently, especially managing your time
- A valid Ohio Class A CDL license with tanker endorsement. Hazmat endorsement preferred
- Literate in D.O.T. guidelines and ability to maintain all documentation for transportation laws
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and D.O.T. physical
- Must be able to operate manual transmission
- Additional duties consistent with the general scope of this position
CWE is an equal opportunity employer. If interested in a satisfying and rewarding position in the environmental industry, apply now for a Tanker Truck Driver job at Clean Water Environmental to make the next move in your career.
Want to apply for a Tanker Truck Driver job at C.W.E., visit here!