The health and safety of our employees and their family members is our top priority. The world health community continues to monitor closely the emergence of the SARS-CoV-2 virus and the disease it causes, named “coronavirus disease 2019” (COVID-19).
Due to the evidence of the disease in Ohio and seasonal influenza also being widespread, Plant Managers and CWE Departments have reviewed the six alert levels and steps that may need to be taken if Montgomery County or surrounding counties raise the alert level. First and foremost, we want to maintain a safe workplace and encourage and/or adopt practices protecting the health of employees, customers, or others.
The plant management team is reminding everyone that there are preventative recommendations and measures to help avoid the spread of the flu and respiratory diseases, including:
Personal Recommendations (regular precautions to reduce the spread of any virus/germs)
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw it away immediately.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipes.
- If you have had close contact with a person confirmed to have, or being evaluated for, COVID-19 infection, contact your Supervisor and please stay home.
- Stay at home when you are sick or until you get cleared by a medical professional.
CWE Recommendations (Covid-19 recommendations until further notice)
- No handshakes (or physical contact) with employees/contractors/visitors.
- Minimize close conversation (3’-6’ apart, if possible).
- Minimize face-to-face group meetings.
- Use phone or radio communication for daily plant activities versus face-to-face.
- Increase disinfection of work areas to a daily event.
CWE Measures (Covid-19 response measures until further notice)
- Individuals who have visited, or transited through, US CDC Level 3 Travel Health Notice countries (mainland China, South Korea, Iran, Italy) may not enter CWE until 14 days have passed from day of departure from the country, and she/he has no signs or symptoms consistent with COVID-19 infection.
- Individuals who have visited US CDC Level 2 Travel Health Notice countries (Japan) may not enter CWE until 14 days have passed from day of departure from the country, and she/he has no signs or symptoms.
- Individuals who have been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 may not enter CWE until 14 days have passed from the date of last contact with the confirmed case, country and she/he has no signs or symptoms consistent with COVID-19 infection.
Please stay safe and healthy. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact any of our team members directly.